Founders face Challenging Conditions
- Only 1 in 10 new businesses survive the first 3 years.
- Many entrepreneurs with potential to build a high growth business lack access to capital, mentorship, networking, and affordable space.
- Entrepreneurs tell us that the regions’s support ecosystem is too siloed, redundant, and hard to navigate.
- Only a fraction of WNC businesses have returned to pre-COVID revenure levels.
- High growth businesses are a proven source of new job creation and building generational wealth especially among business owners of color.
What We Do
Hatch Innovation Hub is the home for growth focused entrepreneurs in Asheville and Western North Carolina (WNC). We are:
- Bringing founders and support organizations under one roof by tripling our footprint in downtown Asheville.
- Offering an expanded suite of programs that entrepreneurs need and want. These include programs to get a business started, build, learn, and scale.
- Sharing and coordinating programming, education, and mentors between support organizations.
- Developing a capital marketplace pilot to provide cooordinated access to funds.
Over the past 4 years Hatch and its partners have helped companies improve their odds of success.
million in combined revenue
Jobs with average salary. 1.5x the county average.
million in capital investments
Hatch could not provide its support to entrepreneurs here in WNC without the support of our partners. Many thanks to our partners and sponsors.